What a fun age Cora is right now. She is goofy and curious and silly and sweet. If I ask Jonah to put away books or pick up Legos, she wants to help, too. She is constantly trying to sneak into her bedroom to mess with the monitor. Cora is a climber! She still loves a basket of laundry :)
I want to record a few of the sweet, quirky things she is doing these days, so I don't forget her at this age.
Bananas - Cora used to detest bananas. When she was eating pureed food, she wouldn't even eat them mixed with other foods. Then suddenly, one day, she started eating bananas. Now she loves them! But she's very particular about the way she eats them. She will not eat them if you remove the peel completely or slice the banana. And you have to watch closely to make sure she doesn't take too big of a bite. Because if she does, she will inevitably gag, then spit it out, and refuse to eat another bite. Banana diva.
Bath time - Cora gets a bath each night before bed because it seems to help her eczema. Thankfully, she enjoys baths. I merely have to mention the word bath, and she will beeline for the bathroom, babbling, "Bap, bap, bap, bap" all the way there. Then she will stand by the tub, banging her hands on the side, waiting for me to turn on the water. She hates getting out of the tub, I'm sure because it's cold. She usually whimpers and whines while I dry her, cover her in Aquafor and put on her pj's. She always stands patiently while I zip her up, but the instant I do the snap at the top, she gets super excited and her face lights up as she jumps into my arms, squealing. Pretty great way to end each day.
Non-verbal language - Cora doesn't do a ton of signs, but she will enthusiastically nod "yes" and wave "bye-bye". She does know "all done" and "more" - but she does them her own way. She signs "all done" by shaking her whole arms up and down. It always comes on suddenly - she'll be shoveling food into her mouth one second, then suddenly, she's "all done". When she wants more of something, she just claps :)
I want to record a few of the sweet, quirky things she is doing these days, so I don't forget her at this age.
Bananas - Cora used to detest bananas. When she was eating pureed food, she wouldn't even eat them mixed with other foods. Then suddenly, one day, she started eating bananas. Now she loves them! But she's very particular about the way she eats them. She will not eat them if you remove the peel completely or slice the banana. And you have to watch closely to make sure she doesn't take too big of a bite. Because if she does, she will inevitably gag, then spit it out, and refuse to eat another bite. Banana diva.
Bath time - Cora gets a bath each night before bed because it seems to help her eczema. Thankfully, she enjoys baths. I merely have to mention the word bath, and she will beeline for the bathroom, babbling, "Bap, bap, bap, bap" all the way there. Then she will stand by the tub, banging her hands on the side, waiting for me to turn on the water. She hates getting out of the tub, I'm sure because it's cold. She usually whimpers and whines while I dry her, cover her in Aquafor and put on her pj's. She always stands patiently while I zip her up, but the instant I do the snap at the top, she gets super excited and her face lights up as she jumps into my arms, squealing. Pretty great way to end each day.
Non-verbal language - Cora doesn't do a ton of signs, but she will enthusiastically nod "yes" and wave "bye-bye". She does know "all done" and "more" - but she does them her own way. She signs "all done" by shaking her whole arms up and down. It always comes on suddenly - she'll be shoveling food into her mouth one second, then suddenly, she's "all done". When she wants more of something, she just claps :)
| Post-nap grump - waking up is hard to do! |
No comments:
Post a Comment