Monday, January 12, 2015

12 month stats

Cora had a check-up this morning. Here's how she measures up:

Weight: 18lb, 11oz (32nd percentile)
Height: 28.25" (16th percentile)

Which is just 8.5 oz heavier and 1/4" longer than her 9 month stats...and way lower percentiles, obviously. I do recall that at 9 months, they took her weight fully dressed and with a soaking wet diaper on (???). And I sort of remember thinking it was odd that she had jumped up so high in the height percentiles at 9 months (up to 68th, from 34th at 6 months). Plus she has been sick for the past week and probably not eating as much as normal. So I won't put too much stock in it. But for records sake, I'll record it here.

And things have finally come full circle in our house, as Jonah eventually got sick, too. Last night was a rough one for him (and Brandon, mostly....thanks for handling that!). He had a bit of croup and woke up coughing several times. My non-medical opinion is that we passed around a case of RSV, which for Jonah, caused some croup. So maybe after Jonah recovers, we can finally catch a break.

Sickness has hit our house hard this winter already. But it just makes me appreciate how little we've had to deal with sickness in the past (and how minor these "sicknesses" have really been). We are thankful for our general health - and the happy attitudes of our kids even in the midst of illness :)

No comments: