Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Stobs

Our good friends, Kyle and Bethany stopped by for a visit last week.  They swung through Iowa on their way back to Michigan from Minnesota.  It was a little out of their way, but we got to meet their beautiful two-month old daughter, Paisley and spend a little time catching up - so I hope they think it was worth it! I've known Bethany and Kyle since our sophomore year of college when we all lived in the same dorm.  Kyle and Brandon lived together for two semesters during our last two years at Hope.

Jonah loved having Paisley around.  Whenever Kyle or Bethany would walk out of the room holding her, Jonah would toddle along behind saying, "Baby! Baby!"  He also enjoyed pointing at her, trying to grab her face, and trying to steal her toys :)
At two months old, Paisley is just a little bigger than Jonah was at birth :)

Their visit was pretty low-key. Bethany and I took the kids on a few walks because the weather was just gorgeous.  Brandon had a half-day off while they were here, so he got to see them a little bit, too.  We took them to Backpocket and got the unofficial tour from Bob.

It was a quick visit, and then they were back on the road.  I'm sure the Stobs were glad to be home after so much travel with a little baby - three different beds in less than a week (they also stopped to visit Kyle's parents).  It is fun to being doing parenthood with so many college friends, though.  Hopefully we can reconnect with the Stobs sometime this summer.  Can't wait to see how much Paisley will have changed by then...it happens so fast when they are little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the name. Hope they can come when we can use the boat. (middle or end of June?). :-).