Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Bibi and Babu made the drive over from Michigan for a cold and soggy visit last weekend.  It rained pretty much the whole time they were here, so we spent a lot of time at home.  Good thing they didn't come to see the sights!  Everyone did a lot of napping...must have been the grey weather.



We spent our evenings playing card games.  They talked me into playing Euchre.  Euchre is really big in Michigan, and it seemed like everyone I knew at Hope played.  I never got that into it, though, because we'd always get halfway through a hand, and everyone would throw all their cards on the table.  Drove me crazy.  Plus, it seemed like a dumbed-down version of 500, which is the game I grew up playing.

Anyway, we played Euchre - and Brandon and I lost.  So we made Rob and Sue play 500 next - and we won!  Brandon says he likes 500 now.

No comments: