Thursday, May 23, 2013

Confused Tree


There is this tree at the end of our street that cracks me up each Spring.  Every year I tell myself I need to take a picture of it in bloom.  But it blooms for such a short time, I always miss my window.  This year I managed to get a picture of it in all its bi-color glory.

It's actually two trees, planted too close together.  The pink/purple flowering tree has taken over most of the shared space, leaving the white flowering tree basically just a bottom tier, sideways growing, half-tree.  Most of the year, you can't really tell.  It sort of looks like one full tree (with two trunks).  But in the Spring, when they blossom two very different flowers, it looks very puzzling if you only see it from this angle. And I kind of like it  :)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They could not do that again if they really tried. Awesome picture, bec.
See you soon. Love ya. Gma Great.