I'm sitting here on a Friday, writing to you from India, and it occurs to me:
- That Brandon has been to 5 of the 7 continents in the world (all but Australia and Antarctica) – an impressive feat by the age of 25. In fact, he has been to a continent other than North America every year since 2004. Wow. This trip brings my count up to 3.
- That we are going to completely miss out on Easter candy this year. I guess instead of being irritated when the stores started stocking their shelves with it on February 15, I should have just bought some and enjoyed it.
- That my sister is getting married in exactly 100 days!!!!!
- That my desire to eat a doughnut increases proportionally as my ability to procure a doughnut diminishes. I'm missing refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup. Brandon misses meat.
- That I have now been out of college longer than I was in college. It's also the first year since kindergarten that I have not been in a school setting. Although, I guess I spent the last six months substitute teaching…in schools. Crap.
- That none of this has anything to do with India, and maybe you don't care…
1 comment:
I love this post! And everyone will agree, it takes doing without, to realize what is missed! Great reflection :)
Post a Comment