Thursday, February 14, 2013

Itsy Bitsy Obsession

Where as Brandon is sort of an on-demand, keyword jukebox (as in - it is sometimes impossible to have a conversation with him because every other word you say brings to mind a song that he can't help but sing), I often have trouble bringing to mind a song.  We have been in a bit of an "If You're Happy and You Know It" rut.  It's always the first song that pops into my head when Jonah needs distracting or wants to play.  To spice things up a bit, I've started throwing in a little "Itsy Bitsy Spider".

Jonah is a fan.

Like, a big fan.  Like, if you sing it once, be prepared to sing it six more times.  At many points throughout our day, Jonah will abruptly stop what he's doing (and drop whatever is in his hands), and indicate to me that he would like to sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider".
He touches his fingers when I start, "The itsy, bitsy spider...," and shakes his hands up and down when I get to "Down came the rain...," and puts his hands together for "Out came the sun..."  And when we finish, we do it all over again.  And again...and again...

I'm not sure if he likes the song, or if he is just pleased that he can communicate with us: he touches his fingers, we sing the song.  Maybe a little of both.

1 comment:

Gma Marci said...

Sounds like he would be amenable to learning some sign language.