Friday was Brandon's LAST DAY of medical school. Nearly seven years after he began this journey, he finished his final rotation and biked up the big hill to our apartment for the final time! And he celebrated this milestone by...
Putting the kids to bed so I could have a movie night with some girlfriends. Haha. Then he spent the rest of the weekend spoiling me for Mother's Day. What a guy.
It started Saturday morning - Brandon got up with Jonah at 6:00 and let me sleep until Cora got up, over an hour later! It felt like a vacation. After breakfast, the boys left to run some errands. They stopped by the Farmer's Market (another Iowa City favorite we're going to miss) to pick up some beautiful tulips for Mom. On their way back, they stopped to pick up a special treat Brandon had pre-ordered earlier in the week - Scratch Cupcakes! Mommy's favorite. Brandon knows I have a massive sweet tooth - but we generally try not to keep sweets in the house. So he enjoys spoiling me with treats once in a while.
When they got home, Jonah was so excited, he burst in the door and screamed, "Cupcake!" So much for a surprise. Brandon looked a little... annoyed -- apparently when they turned onto the road where Scratch is located, Jonah proclaimed from the backseat, "Buy some cupcakes!" Busted! Apparently Mommy likes to spoil herself, as well :) *ahem* ...you know your Scratch addiction is getting bad when your two-year-old recognizes the way to the shop!!
The spoiling didn't stop there. Sunday morning, Brandon cooked a yummy breakfast - and then he took charge of the kids for a few hours so I could do WHATEVER I WANTED. What did I do with my freedom?? Well.... I went to the grocery store without kids, I went to Target without kids, I went to Costco without kids... :) And we ended our rainy Mother's Day with a family trip to the (indoor) pool. Where it was confirmed that I will probably not be taking the two kids to the pool by myself this summer, because Jonah is totally crazy and fearless (and clumsy) in the water! Almost gave me a heart attack.
Putting the kids to bed so I could have a movie night with some girlfriends. Haha. Then he spent the rest of the weekend spoiling me for Mother's Day. What a guy.
| Watching some Tiger's highlights from last night's game Anytime something exciting happens, Jonah claps and yells, "Yay! Homerun!" |
It started Saturday morning - Brandon got up with Jonah at 6:00 and let me sleep until Cora got up, over an hour later! It felt like a vacation. After breakfast, the boys left to run some errands. They stopped by the Farmer's Market (another Iowa City favorite we're going to miss) to pick up some beautiful tulips for Mom. On their way back, they stopped to pick up a special treat Brandon had pre-ordered earlier in the week - Scratch Cupcakes! Mommy's favorite. Brandon knows I have a massive sweet tooth - but we generally try not to keep sweets in the house. So he enjoys spoiling me with treats once in a while.
When they got home, Jonah was so excited, he burst in the door and screamed, "Cupcake!" So much for a surprise. Brandon looked a little... annoyed -- apparently when they turned onto the road where Scratch is located, Jonah proclaimed from the backseat, "Buy some cupcakes!" Busted! Apparently Mommy likes to spoil herself, as well :) *ahem* ...you know your Scratch addiction is getting bad when your two-year-old recognizes the way to the shop!!
The spoiling didn't stop there. Sunday morning, Brandon cooked a yummy breakfast - and then he took charge of the kids for a few hours so I could do WHATEVER I WANTED. What did I do with my freedom?? Well.... I went to the grocery store without kids, I went to Target without kids, I went to Costco without kids... :) And we ended our rainy Mother's Day with a family trip to the (indoor) pool. Where it was confirmed that I will probably not be taking the two kids to the pool by myself this summer, because Jonah is totally crazy and fearless (and clumsy) in the water! Almost gave me a heart attack.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

No comments:
Post a Comment