Territorial Bee
There is a humongous bug that has taken up residence on the southwest corner of our building. This is unfortunate because the sidewalk out to the parking lot takes you right past this corner. I have no idea what kind of bug this is (I don't think I've seen one like it before) - but it's big and striped and buzz-y. It's over an inch long, and skinny (but not skinny like a wasp) and angry looking. This is no bumbly, fuzzy bee.
Every time I have to walk out to the parking lot and pass by this corner, he zooms out from his hiding place to ambush me -- buzzing around, shaking his pointy stinger at me. It's terrifying. Even Brandon walks a little faster when we pass that bush. Bug: If you sting my baby I will squish you!!
There is a humongous bug that has taken up residence on the southwest corner of our building. This is unfortunate because the sidewalk out to the parking lot takes you right past this corner. I have no idea what kind of bug this is (I don't think I've seen one like it before) - but it's big and striped and buzz-y. It's over an inch long, and skinny (but not skinny like a wasp) and angry looking. This is no bumbly, fuzzy bee.
Every time I have to walk out to the parking lot and pass by this corner, he zooms out from his hiding place to ambush me -- buzzing around, shaking his pointy stinger at me. It's terrifying. Even Brandon walks a little faster when we pass that bush. Bug: If you sting my baby I will squish you!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Japanese Beetle
We also seem to have an infestation of Japanese Beetles in our apartment. Not the little lady-bug-looking nuisances that come in swarms, but are basically just annoying (Asian Lady Beetle). These are shiny, green, pincher-wielding, hard-backed little beetles. All the ones I have discovered so far have been either: dead on the carpet OR very much alive in my hair. Makes me scream like a little girl (the ones in my hair, not the dead ones). I am not a fan. Beetle: If I find you in my hair, I will probably scream and flail around a bit...but then I will find you and squish you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment