Thursday, May 12, 2016

Last Day!

Today was the last day of Mom's Day Out! The kids have really enjoyed this program, and I'm so glad we decided to do this. It was super helpful to me to have a few hours each week to run errands or get things done at home, and we saw a lot of growth in both kids socially and emotionally. Jonah will be doing pre-k next year five mornings a week, but we have already signed Cora up for First Friends again :)

September   &   May   


Cora's teachers were Mrs. Kirsten and Mrs. Cari, and she absolutely LOVED going to First Friends each week. She always greeted her teachers with a big hug and was never sad to see Mom leave (though she always had a big hug for me, too, at the end of the day when I came to pick her up :).  She had a couple buddies in her class that she really bonded with: Milliebeth and Jubilee.


Jonah's teachers were Mrs. Jane and Mrs. Fanja. Jonah also easily adapted to his new routine and had no trouble being away from Mom. He enjoyed the new activities they did each week, and I think he thrived on having regular interactions and lots of playtime with peers. His imaginative play really blossomed this year. His buddies in his class were Jesse and Boone, identical twin boys. I am pretty sure that Jonah could not really tell them apart, but one day he told me, "Boone is my favorite friend....I like him better than Jesse!" Haha!

No comments: