All those miles took a toll on our van. Somewhere along our travels, we picked up a large crack in our windshield :(
I say somewhere, because I actually have no idea when it happened! I was cleaning off the windshield after our recent trip to Iowa - so many bugs! - when I discovered it. It was way down in the corner on the passenger side, so I couldn't see it from inside the van. There's no telling how long it had been there. The impact point was smaller than a quarter, but it had cracks extending in several directions along the windshield. I guess the location of the impact point (down in the corner), together with the length of the cracks extending from it, made it impossible to repair or fill....so we had to replace the whole windshield!
Fortunately, they are able to come right out to your house and do the replacement in your driveway! Way better than hanging out in a waiting room for two hours with a three-year-old and a one-year-old :)
I say somewhere, because I actually have no idea when it happened! I was cleaning off the windshield after our recent trip to Iowa - so many bugs! - when I discovered it. It was way down in the corner on the passenger side, so I couldn't see it from inside the van. There's no telling how long it had been there. The impact point was smaller than a quarter, but it had cracks extending in several directions along the windshield. I guess the location of the impact point (down in the corner), together with the length of the cracks extending from it, made it impossible to repair or fill....so we had to replace the whole windshield!
Fortunately, they are able to come right out to your house and do the replacement in your driveway! Way better than hanging out in a waiting room for two hours with a three-year-old and a one-year-old :)
No comments:
Post a Comment