Saturday, October 3, 2015

Boys Night

This summer, I discovered that a local church - which happens to meet in an old movie theater building - hosts a FREE family movie night the first Friday of each month.  This month, they were showing the movie, Cars. I thought this would be a fun thing for Brandon and Jonah to do together. (I knew Cora would probably never sit through a whole movie, especially since it would be pushing bedtime - so we got to enjoy a girls night in :)

Jonah was pretty excited - you'll never hear him turn down a chance to watch a movie! This was his first time seeing a movie in a theater, so he was having trouble wrapping his head around how big the screen was going to be. "Big, like our tv?" "Big, like the Stephens' tv??"

Before they left, I gave Jonah two quarters to buy a special treat. He held onto his money tightly and told me he was nervous he was going to lose it.

Ready to head out - quarters in hand
I was a little bummed that I didn't get to go (I love to watch my kids experience things!), but I guess I can't be there for every first. I am glad Brandon got to do this with Jonah. They don't get much one-on-one time together in this busy season.

Jonah was super excited (and very tired) when they got home. He reported that the screen was, indeed, large - "bigger than an elephant!" He also told me he used his quarters to buy popcorn. And he was even able to relay a little bit of the plot and some of the characters from the movie. Brandon said he had no trouble sitting still for the entire 2 hours, and seemed to thoroughly enjoy the experience. What a fun night for my two guys!

No comments: