Ten months!
Wow. I feel like month number ten was one of big changes and transitions for Cora. For the most part, she is done with baby food - she'd much rather feed herself. She has such a big appetite and loves to eat. She's still a bit picky, so sometimes it's difficult to satisfy that appetite - she'll let you know she wants more...just not more of what you're serving up. She is a speedy little crawler, cruises around all the furniture, and will occasionally stand unassisted for a few seconds at a time. She is (finally!) on a predictable schedule. Still three naps a day (seriously?), but they are consistent in length now and roughly the same time each day. But mostly I just feel like she looks older. Her face is less baby, more little kid. She makes funny facial expressions and plays games and has opinions. Such a little person!
Although this has been a month of big changes, some things have definitely remained the same. She is still quite obsessed with her Dada. And peek-a-boo. She still loves meat and will choose it over most other foods. She drinks water like it's her job. Given the chance, I think she would drink her weight in water. Especially if the cup had a straw. No concerns about anemia or dehydration over here.
Cora was not a snuggly baby, but oh boy is she cuddly at 10 months. Total cuddle bug. If I'm sitting on the floor, she will crawl over and lay her head in my lap. She loves to be held and carried. Before naps and bedtime, we usually rock and sing a few songs, and she'll snuggle right in and lay her head on my shoulder. I love every minute of it!
Comparison shot - Cora and Jonah each at 10 months
And, for my own personal records, some stats: Wearing size 12 month clothes, and size 3 diapers. Still just 6 teeth. Her eyes are still dark brown; her hair continues to get lighter, but I still wouldn't call it blonde. First official word is "Dada". She is not picking up on much sign language, but she will mimic the sign for "thank you".
Such a joyful, playful, delightful stage we're in.
And finally, just because it makes me happy: a video. When Jonah and Cora are both napping in the afternoon, I think I am sometimes too quick to grab Cora when she starts making noise, because I don't want her to wake up Jonah. This results in a very silly, very tired girl who can barely keep her eyes open. I have several videos like this, and they make me smile every time :)

No comments:
Post a Comment