Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Quotable Moments with my Toddler

"Jonah needs more toys."

"Jonah is high......Jonah is high.....Jonah is high.....Jonah is high....."

"Daddy's at the hospital, delivery babies."  (Which is true this week! But sounds funny coming from his mouth, nonetheless).

"Our Father, who is in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done. On 'Erff' as it is in Heaven.........like 'What About Heaven?'!!"
         *We've been working on the Lord's Prayer, but every time we get to this part, it makes him think about a book he has called "What About Heaven?" and he gets distracted.

"Garbage truck is very, very white."  (Jonah is "very, very" into intensifying adjectives lately:  his food is very, very hot; Grandpa can throw the "lid" [i.e., Frisbee] very, very high!; when Jonah doesn't listen, it makes Mommy very, very sad; the trash can is very, very dirty; etc.)

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Brandon's been working some long days (and nights!) this week, as babies tend to arrive all hours of the day. Yesterday he left before breakfast and didn't come home until long after the kids were in bed. Getting through mealtime on my own on days like that is sometimes interesting, and yesterday was no exception:

Breakfast - On mornings when Brandon is gone before we get up, I will often scramble six eggs for Jonah and myself to share. Recently, he's been eating more than his share, so yesterday I scrambled up seven eggs for us. And, of course, right as I finished cooking the eggs, Cora woke up and wanted to eat RIGHT NOW! I got Jonah started, and he kept asking for more eggs as I was busy feeding Cora. Before I knew it, he had eaten the WHOLE PLATE, and he still wanted more! I thought it best to cut him off at seven. Oops.


Dinner - We made it about halfway through dinner, but then Cora started fading quickly. She was fine as long as I was looking at her and talking to her, but then Jonah started feeling a little left out. I spent the last few minutes of the meal switching between kids. Cora would cry and fuss until I looked at her, then she would smile and give a little giggle. But then Jonah would pipe in, "Talk to me!!"  Switch. Repeat.  :)


Even with the rocky end to the day, I still had dinner cleaned up AND both kids bathed, fed and in bed by 7:15!

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

One more video - Jonah "reading" his first sentence :)


Never a dull moment around here!

No comments: