It is GORGEOUS outside! Sun, sun, sun. It feels like we have really turned a corner, and Spring is on its way! I know we may have another cold day or two (or ten!) before we leave winter behind for good...but we are definitely on our way out.
Jonah and I seem to have come down with the same rotten cold - the symptoms of which include constantly runny nose and extreme crankiness. For that reason, we spent the morning inside, admiring the sunshine from the window. Hopefully we'll get out for a walk this afternoon (after a nap!) to enjoy a little fresh air. Temps are supposed to climb into the mid-50's! I think it will make us both feel a little better. Thankfully, Cora doesn't seem to be sick....yet. Except for maybe a little extra drowsiness - but I'm not going to complain about a little extra sleepiness in my weakened state :)
To pass the morning, Mr. Sickie and I made some videos while "cutest lil sister" was napping. May we present, some of Jonah's "skills" at (almost) two!
Making numbers and shapes with his fingers:
My favorite parts about this video: 1) How hard he has to concentrate to make numbers with his fingers. He knows "six" is one finger on one hand, five fingers on the other hand - but he can't seem to make his hands do different things! Usually he flashes back and forth between five on both hands, one on both hands, five on both hands.... Shortly after I recorded this video, he ran up to me excitedly and proudly held up six fingers while exclaiming, "You did it!" (pronouns are still a little confusing):
Jonah and I seem to have come down with the same rotten cold - the symptoms of which include constantly runny nose and extreme crankiness. For that reason, we spent the morning inside, admiring the sunshine from the window. Hopefully we'll get out for a walk this afternoon (after a nap!) to enjoy a little fresh air. Temps are supposed to climb into the mid-50's! I think it will make us both feel a little better. Thankfully, Cora doesn't seem to be sick....yet. Except for maybe a little extra drowsiness - but I'm not going to complain about a little extra sleepiness in my weakened state :)
To pass the morning, Mr. Sickie and I made some videos while "cutest lil sister" was napping. May we present, some of Jonah's "skills" at (almost) two!
Making numbers and shapes with his fingers:
My favorite parts about this video: 1) How hard he has to concentrate to make numbers with his fingers. He knows "six" is one finger on one hand, five fingers on the other hand - but he can't seem to make his hands do different things! Usually he flashes back and forth between five on both hands, one on both hands, five on both hands.... Shortly after I recorded this video, he ran up to me excitedly and proudly held up six fingers while exclaiming, "You did it!" (pronouns are still a little confusing):
He was giddy. And 2) Hoss-uh-buh-dull! Jonah knows Daddy works at the hospital, but he says it hoss-uh-BUH-dull....and sometimes throws in a few extra "duh-duh-duh"s for good measure :)
Sounds: Letters and Animals...
We were naming animal sounds one day, and Jonah asked what the fox says...I wasn't sure exactly what a fox sounds like, except for the obnoxious sound from that stupid video, so I sang a bit of the song. Now Jonah thinks that's what a fox says :)
More Letters:
Happy little boy :)
Now both kids are napping (yay!) - and I'm going to try and get some dishes done before the littlest one wakes up.
No comments:
Post a Comment