Friday, November 8, 2013

Numbers and 'Yetters'

Jonah has discovered that if he pushes around the little footstool from our living room, he can reach pretty much anything in the house.  He likes to use it to climb on our bed. He likes to check out what I'm doing in the kitchen.  But his favorite thing is to push the stool up to the fridge so he can reach the magnetic letters and numbers.  Jonah loves letters and numbers.
He also loves to look at pictures of himself on my camera...so I have to be sneaky when trying to catch him doing something. I usually get one shot before he comes running - "See, see, see!" - and this time I forgot to use the flash.  Oops.  We keep the letters up high on the fridge - out of reach - because he used to just fling them around (and stick them in his mouth) or stuff them under the fridge. But I guess they are not really out of reach anymore.  Jonah also likes to point out letters and numbers on t-shirts, in books, and where ever he sees them around town. His favorite letter is still 'O', and he always checks first to see if there's an 'O' before pointing out other letters.  Jonah even knows his first joke: What's a pirate's favorite letter?  Arrr!  It's fun to watch him learn and see him so excited.

Brandon also works with Jonah on counting. He loves to count the stairs as we trek up and down from our third-story apartment each day. And we always point out the numbers on the doors we pass. He knows we live in #5. We're working on counting to ten. He sometimes gets there, with a little guidance.  (The video is pretty quiet...you might have to crank the volume!)

No comments: