Monday, September 17, 2018

6 months!

Levi is 6 months old! 

We just got back from another road trip - and, I'm happy to report that Levi is still a great little traveler :) Levi is generally pretty happy and laid back, but he's a bit "high maintenance" in that he still does not like to be set down. He is sitting up pretty well, though, and I think as he gains more stability and independence, he will tolerate being set down a bit more. He is also rolling all over the place. We are just starting to see a bit of a routine develop in his day - I think we may be moving towards a more predictable two-nap schedule fairly soon.


 Levi has started losing his hair.....except for a line from his forehead down to his neck - a perfect little mohawk :) And the new hair growing in is looking pretty fair - I think we may have a little blondie on our hands. His eyes are also starting to look pretty dark. Apparently we only make blonde-haired, brown-eyed babies, haha.

First taste of eggs!
We started some solid foods about a week ago. Then, while on a long car trip, we discovered he has the same reaction to eggs that Esther had (unfortunate timing for that discovery!). So far, he has also had sweet potatoes and avocado - he feels kind of "meh" about both. I guess we'll avoid eggs for now, and hopefully he will outgrow it like Esther did.

Last taste of eggs (for now)

These days, Levi's babbling mostly consists of the sound, "Heh." Sometimes, it's more of a laugh, other times it's a panicky, "Why is he touching me?" or "Why aren't you feeding me yet??" or "Please put me in my bed and leave me alone I'm so tired!!" It's all about reading tone and facial expression :)

Levi gives THE BEST hugs -- he'll throw his arms around my neck and squeeeeeeeeeze. And usually there's a slobbery, open mouth kiss to go along with it. He still saves his biggest love for Daddy. He has two little teeth and ticklish thighs. We love this little guy!

Reading books with Jonah

Mohawk!

Squish




No comments: