Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Totally Random Post - September

I am way behind on blogging. I was behind before we left...but then we were gone for two weeks, and I'm still trying to dig out from under the pile of laundry. In the mean time, here's some totally random things from the past month or so.

Zoo:
We made a trip to the zoo a few weeks ago (over Labor Day?). The gorilla exhibit was quite entertaining. This gorilla was posing nicely by the glass.


And when Cora decided she needed to eat, the gorilla came over to keep us company. And then, when I moved to a different spot to change her diaper, the gorilla followed us....



Until this guy came over and shooed her away. 


Story Time:
Jonah loves to attend story time at the library. The other day, he set up a bunch of stuffed animals and toys and had his own little story time. He carefully "read" the story, pointing at the words on each page and then pausing to show the pictures to his "audience" :)



Groovin'
Jonah loves music! His signature moves have always been bounce and sway :)  Now he gets his arms going, too.


Cora:



Murphy's Law of Toddlers:
1. He only realizes he has to go potty when I'm nursing the baby.
2. At home - a place where he should feel comfortable and safe to explore - he only wants to be RIGHT UP IN MY FACE, especially if I am trying to cook, take a shower, or work on my computer. At the store - which is unfamiliar and full of strange people he does not know - he feels totally comfortable running anywhere that I am not and wants nothing to do with being near me.
3. He only throws loud, massive tantrums - complete with shrieking, howling and flailing - during that magic period of transition/light sleep about 30 minutes after the baby has fallen asleep for a nap.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Love the gorilla pictures! So funny!!

Jen said...

the gorilla pictures are the best :) and i love jonah's little audience too!