We've had some interesting conversations with Jonah lately that I want to record before I forget.
Yesterday, I gave Jonah a hard-boiled egg at lunch. He was nervous about it being too hot to eat (a frequent anxiety at meal time). Brandon asked him if it was H-O-T, or just W-A-R-M (spelling out the words) - to which Jonah matter-of-factly responded, "It's E-G-G." Duh, Dad.
This morning:
J: Probby Mommy set Cora down on the couch, and I will sit next to her.
[I obliged]
J: Probby Mommy take a picture!
| "I'm putting my arm around Cora and say, 'Cheese!'" |
He has started to drop the "probby" from his *requests* and just state his desires as fact:
When Mommy's all done with her phone, you will give it to me and I will play with it.
Daddy will go outside and play catch with me.
After Cora wakes up from her nap, we will go to the park.
(Anytime anyone is eating anything): You will share it with me!
We also hear variations on this conversation multiple times a day:
J: May I please play with your phone/go outside/have a cookie?
Me: Not right now, Bud.
J: But I DOoooo want to play with your phone/go outside/eat a cookie!!
No comments:
Post a Comment