...Is hard!
But we're having fun trying to figure it out. ("Fun" is the word you would use -- right, Brandon??). We're trying to balance out getting to know sweet Cora and keeping up with her busy, active big brother -- having Grandma here is a big help! Especially since Brandon went back to work on Monday. Cora is definitely not as chill as Jonah was as a baby. She is very squeaky - and LOUD when she wants something. And I think - we decided last night - the noisiest sleeper ever. The past few nights, every couple of hours, she would start grunting and fussing, making a terrible racket. Then I would get up to feed her, only to find she was still sound asleep! I guess we'll just have to get used to sharing a room with such a noisy sleeper! But she's very sweet, so I think we can make do with a little squeaking and grunting :)
| Rockin' some hand-me-down jams from big bro :) |
Jonah is a big fan of "Baby Cora," as he calls her. He is delighted every morning when I come out of our room and she's still here! He frequently asks to "hold a baby," and whenever Cora is laying on the floor, Jonah wants to "way down next her" and poke at her eyes and nose and give her kisses. He doesn't seem too jealous when Mom is holding her, for which I am very thankful. He is a little more concerned when Dad gives Cora attention. But for the most part he has transitioned very well into a new normal. We'll see if that continues when we really get back to "normal" - when Grandma goes home, and our visitors are gone, and it's just me, at home, with two little ones!!
1 comment:
Cora looks so big already!
And tell her sorry that we had a girl, because otherwise we would've sent our entire winter baby girl's wardrobe home with you guys!! She would've been set for life!
... I guess she'll just have to settle for a best friend / 2nd cousin / playmate instead.
Post a Comment