Tuesday, March 19, 2013

One year ago today


I snapped this picture about 12 hours before I went into labor, almost 24 hours exactly before Jonah was born!

I remember that I was feeling excited to finally meet my baby.  But also frustrated and impatient because my due date had come and gone.  And very curious and anxious about the whole labor process :)
Lots of feelings.
It had been 80 degrees for the past week and didn't seem much like March (she said wistfully as she looked outside at all the lingering piles of snow...).  My sleep was pretty interrupted at this point, as I just couldn't get comfortable.  (I had no idea how much worse it was about to get).  There are so many questions and unknowns when you are on the verge of your first child.
But he didn't keep us waiting too much longer.

And so began the great adventure of parenthood!

No comments: