Saturday, March 9, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa's house

Brandon had another 30-hour/overnight shift this week, so Jonah and I packed up and headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house!  It was a quick visit, but we sure packed a lot in.

Grandma's house is a magical place where my child naps for hours at a time.  Amazing.  Grandma's house also has stairs, which Jonah quickly conquered.  Not a lot of opportunity to practice stair climbing in our apartment.  Turns out he's a pro.


(Grandma was nervous about the too-far-apart spindles on the banister...but I'm pretty sure that's the same banister that's always been there, and five Strutt kids grew up in that house and not a one of 'em slipped through. Am I right?)

Anyhoo.  One night during our visit, Grandma and Grandpa put Jonah to bed so I could meet up with some girlfriends from high school for dinner.  I'm pretty sure the last time I saw some of these women was in high school.  It was a good time and fun to catch up (and good food!).  Many of us have babies or husbands or houses now.  But many things are still the same.  This "girls night" is a regular occurrence for the mostly local group, and they are very efficient at making sure everyone updates what's been going on in their lives.  Too bad we live so far away - I'd love to join them more often!

Another big highlight of the trip was a night out for Mom and Grandma - Grandpa was on Jonah duty for the night.  We ladies took a trip downtown (in Grandma's new car!!) to see Jekyll & Hyde on it's pre-Broadway tour.  So fun!
All too soon it was time to load back up and head home.  We were missing Dad.  It was a fun change of pace to get out of town for a bit.  Can't wait to visit Grandma and Grandpa's house again soon!

No comments: