Now that Esther's high chair is a permanent fixture at meals, our eat-in kitchen space has gotten pretty cozy - especially when we have company. I convinced Brandon to let me rearrange most of our common living space, including moving all the toys out of the "toy room" and converting it into a dining room. And since that room was carpeted, we got to get a new floor! (We've done kids-eating-over-carpet....and I'm not a fan). As with most home projects, it got more complicated (and expensive!) as we moved forward. The final insult came when we pulled up the carpet the night before the installer was going to come put the floor in....and discovered there was tile underneath! So Brandon spent the whole morning chipping up tile and finished just as the installers arrived. And he did it all without complaining - what a guy!
We pulled up the carpet, and discovered this! Nice, right? I especially liked the random green accent tiles in the middle.
I took the kids to a park for the morning to get them out of the way. We got back just as Brandon was finishing up. I'm sure this was not the way he wanted to spend his last free weekend for the next six weeks - a true labor of love.
And....a few hours later, we have a new floor! The installers were here during nap time, which made for some pretty poor naps. A small price to pay for my beautiful new floor! We are loving our new space.
We pulled up the carpet, and discovered this! Nice, right? I especially liked the random green accent tiles in the middle.
I took the kids to a park for the morning to get them out of the way. We got back just as Brandon was finishing up. I'm sure this was not the way he wanted to spend his last free weekend for the next six weeks - a true labor of love.
And....a few hours later, we have a new floor! The installers were here during nap time, which made for some pretty poor naps. A small price to pay for my beautiful new floor! We are loving our new space.
No comments:
Post a Comment