Wednesday, November 25, 2015

More Sleeping Disruptions

We went ahead and made the switch - Cora is no longer sleeping in a crib!


And nobody has slept well since :(


She hasn't taken to it quite as well as Jonah did. (Okay, okay...we're only a week in, but if feels like we have a loooooong ways to go). She was definitely VERY excited to have her own bed, just like Jonah. She loves to climb up into the bed, and tuck herself in - pulling the covers all the way up to her nose. She is always very excited to get into the bed....it's the staying in the bed that's been a challenge.

With Jonah, we had almost no instances of him getting out of bed for, probably, the first year after we moved him out of the crib - he sort of just accepted that you stay in bed. Cora, however, has had the benefit of watching Jonah climb in and out of bed for most of her life.


The first night actually went well....but night two, Brandon was working, so I took on bedtime by myself. I had to retrieve Cora from Jonah's bed about seven times and put her back in her own bed.

Too cozy together!!  ....why sleep alone?!?
Naps have also been problematic - for me, at least. Brandon was around all weekend, and she seems to listen to him better and actually stay in her bed. We have had a string of a couple of rough nights this week, but it is sometimes difficult to tell which child is waking up first and disturbing the other. All I know is that we are all tired. Brandon is optimistic we are seeing improvement and moving in the right direction. I am just thankful we started this now, and I am hopeful that this will all be worked out before we add another child to the mix.

No comments: