In addition to the stuff we're doing at home, Jonah is also attending a Mom's Day Out program at a local church this year. It meets once a week for five hours. While not technically a preschool, we are hopeful that it will provide some social interaction for our super-outgoing, energetic three year old, as well as give him a chance to practice using manners, following directions, waiting his turn, listening to an adult that is not Mom or Dad, etc. It seems to have a fair amount of structure, and hopefully it will be a growing experience for him.
One of my favorite parts about this program.....is that Cora gets to go, too! Every Thursday, for five hours. Five hours for Mom to run errands, complete noisy chores, read a book, take a nap. Or sit on the couch and do nothing at all. And Cora LOVES that she gets to do what big brother does. That is a win-win-win.
Technically, the first day was last week, but we were so rushed getting out of the house, I didn't get a "first day" picture. So here's a picture from yesterday.
Cora was actually rocking a fever and didn't get to go yesterday - so she is less than thrilled to be posing for a picture here. My productive Thursday ended up turning into a snuggle-on-the-couch-all-day with my sleepy, sick girl. But she seems to be feeling much better today. Dr. Dad diagnosed an ear infection as the culprit.
Both kids seemed to enjoy it. It's fun to hear about Jonah's day from his perspective. It is not often I am in the position of not having the benefit of first hand knowledge of what he's talking about. I'm left guessing, just like everybody else. When I picked up Cora after their first day last week, she was super excited to see me, but then immediately started asking about Jonah and looking around for him. She was genuinely concerned. I think she missed having him around. One thing that's nice, is that they build in a "rest time" at the end of the day for both kids' classes. I'm pretty sure both kids napped, at least a little, the first week, but Jonah definitely did not nap yesterday. He ended up falling asleep on the way home. That could be an interesting challenge to this change in our schedule. I'm sure we'll all adjust.
One of my favorite parts about this program.....is that Cora gets to go, too! Every Thursday, for five hours. Five hours for Mom to run errands, complete noisy chores, read a book, take a nap. Or sit on the couch and do nothing at all. And Cora LOVES that she gets to do what big brother does. That is a win-win-win.
Technically, the first day was last week, but we were so rushed getting out of the house, I didn't get a "first day" picture. So here's a picture from yesterday.
Cora was actually rocking a fever and didn't get to go yesterday - so she is less than thrilled to be posing for a picture here. My productive Thursday ended up turning into a snuggle-on-the-couch-all-day with my sleepy, sick girl. But she seems to be feeling much better today. Dr. Dad diagnosed an ear infection as the culprit.
Both kids seemed to enjoy it. It's fun to hear about Jonah's day from his perspective. It is not often I am in the position of not having the benefit of first hand knowledge of what he's talking about. I'm left guessing, just like everybody else. When I picked up Cora after their first day last week, she was super excited to see me, but then immediately started asking about Jonah and looking around for him. She was genuinely concerned. I think she missed having him around. One thing that's nice, is that they build in a "rest time" at the end of the day for both kids' classes. I'm pretty sure both kids napped, at least a little, the first week, but Jonah definitely did not nap yesterday. He ended up falling asleep on the way home. That could be an interesting challenge to this change in our schedule. I'm sure we'll all adjust.
No comments:
Post a Comment