I don't think I've mentioned it here yet, but.....we're having a baby! And it's a girl! I love having sisters, and I am thrilled that Cora will have a little sister of her own. Jonah is convinced that we should name the new baby Cora. (I guess in his mind, sister = Cora). I have tried to explain why that might be sort of confusing, but he is pretty insistent.
I'm due in January, which puts me right in the middle of my second trimester, currently. (I guess this "announcement" is a little belated). This pregnancy has been pretty on-par with my previous pregnancies: rough days during my first trimester, including nausea, extreme tiredness and occasional morning sickness - and then turning a corner and feeling great throughout most of my second trimester. I'm enjoying it while I can, because I know the exhaustion will return soon enough.
Back in Iowa City, I had many, many mom-friends report that the transition from one child to two was so much more exhausting and difficult than going from two to three. This was making me feel a little better about adding a child to our family during residency - until we shared our news with a good friend, and she confided that she actually found having her third baby was much more stressful than her second. Eek! I guess we'll figure it out when the time comes.
I actually had my anatomy ultrasound, where we were able to find out the gender, the day after our anniversary - a fun little present! I was a little bummed because Brandon wasn't able to attend the ultrasound appointment, but I had the tech write down the gender of the baby and seal it in an envelope. Then we had a belated anniversary dinner out and still got to find out together. Brandon was hoping for a boy, but I think he's coming around to the idea of another little girl :)
I'm due in January, which puts me right in the middle of my second trimester, currently. (I guess this "announcement" is a little belated). This pregnancy has been pretty on-par with my previous pregnancies: rough days during my first trimester, including nausea, extreme tiredness and occasional morning sickness - and then turning a corner and feeling great throughout most of my second trimester. I'm enjoying it while I can, because I know the exhaustion will return soon enough.
Back in Iowa City, I had many, many mom-friends report that the transition from one child to two was so much more exhausting and difficult than going from two to three. This was making me feel a little better about adding a child to our family during residency - until we shared our news with a good friend, and she confided that she actually found having her third baby was much more stressful than her second. Eek! I guess we'll figure it out when the time comes.
I actually had my anatomy ultrasound, where we were able to find out the gender, the day after our anniversary - a fun little present! I was a little bummed because Brandon wasn't able to attend the ultrasound appointment, but I had the tech write down the gender of the baby and seal it in an envelope. Then we had a belated anniversary dinner out and still got to find out together. Brandon was hoping for a boy, but I think he's coming around to the idea of another little girl :)

No comments:
Post a Comment