We have had a rough couple of weeks around here.
At the beginning of last week, Jonah woke up early one morning and wandered out into the playroom, where Brandon was reading. ....and then threw up all over the carpet. And he continued to throw up all day. The timing was unfortunate, because that night was the residency Christmas party, and we had a sitter lined up so Brandon and I could enjoy a night out together. Brandon ended up going by himself. Jonah seemed to be getting better the next day, but 48 hours later, he started throwing up again! So much laundry!
Last Friday, Brandon was home for a (planned) vacation day, and I got to attend an ornament exchange with some fellow resident-wives, without my germy kids in tow. Later that day, I was supposed to go over to a friend's house for a holiday-treat baking afternoon while the kids napped, but just before I was going to leave, Brandon got paged. One of his patients was in labor. So he got to spend his day off at the hospital, and I did my baking at home. He came home and helped me put the kids to bed, but got called back in at 11pm. So much for a relaxing day off :)
It seemed like the rest of us had somehow managed to avoid catching whatever bug Jonah had....but then I woke up Tuesday morning and proved otherwise. Brandon had to call in sick, so that he could take care of the kids. Fortunately, it was an intense but short-lived bug, and I was feeling better by Tuesday evening.
Unfortunately, now Brandon seems to have influenza! Or something similarly miserable.
So, we have been laying pretty low lately. Here's a few random pictures from the past few weeks.
Every time Brandon goes to the bathroom, he is greeted on his way out by these two waiting (not so) patiently outside the door. They love their daddy!
We have some letter stamps that Jonah likes to play with. Because they are stamps, the letters are inverse. The other day, Jonah got out the letters and started lining them up.....from right to left. I wonder if he thought since the letters were backwards, the alphabet should be, too :)
We managed to get outside for a bit last Monday, before the sickness hit our home. I am enjoying my first winter in Kansas :) I could get used to this mild weather.
The kids are on pretty predictable nap schedules now, which includes a little bit of overlapping napping in the afternoon (yay for Mommy time!). But also a little bit of one-on-one time with each kid while the other sleeps. I am enjoying this season. Cora is a ton of fun! She's a good sport about having to share my attention with her brother, but she likes our one-on-one time, too.
This morning during Cora's nap, Jonah and I went outside to play in the "snow". We finally got Jonah some snow pants that fit. But this snow is a few days old, and snow doesn't last long here. It was mostly melted-refrozen and icy. Jonah was bummed he couldn't make any snowballs.
At the beginning of last week, Jonah woke up early one morning and wandered out into the playroom, where Brandon was reading. ....and then threw up all over the carpet. And he continued to throw up all day. The timing was unfortunate, because that night was the residency Christmas party, and we had a sitter lined up so Brandon and I could enjoy a night out together. Brandon ended up going by himself. Jonah seemed to be getting better the next day, but 48 hours later, he started throwing up again! So much laundry!
Last Friday, Brandon was home for a (planned) vacation day, and I got to attend an ornament exchange with some fellow resident-wives, without my germy kids in tow. Later that day, I was supposed to go over to a friend's house for a holiday-treat baking afternoon while the kids napped, but just before I was going to leave, Brandon got paged. One of his patients was in labor. So he got to spend his day off at the hospital, and I did my baking at home. He came home and helped me put the kids to bed, but got called back in at 11pm. So much for a relaxing day off :)
It seemed like the rest of us had somehow managed to avoid catching whatever bug Jonah had....but then I woke up Tuesday morning and proved otherwise. Brandon had to call in sick, so that he could take care of the kids. Fortunately, it was an intense but short-lived bug, and I was feeling better by Tuesday evening.
Unfortunately, now Brandon seems to have influenza! Or something similarly miserable.
So, we have been laying pretty low lately. Here's a few random pictures from the past few weeks.
Every time Brandon goes to the bathroom, he is greeted on his way out by these two waiting (not so) patiently outside the door. They love their daddy!
We have some letter stamps that Jonah likes to play with. Because they are stamps, the letters are inverse. The other day, Jonah got out the letters and started lining them up.....from right to left. I wonder if he thought since the letters were backwards, the alphabet should be, too :)
We managed to get outside for a bit last Monday, before the sickness hit our home. I am enjoying my first winter in Kansas :) I could get used to this mild weather.
The kids are on pretty predictable nap schedules now, which includes a little bit of overlapping napping in the afternoon (yay for Mommy time!). But also a little bit of one-on-one time with each kid while the other sleeps. I am enjoying this season. Cora is a ton of fun! She's a good sport about having to share my attention with her brother, but she likes our one-on-one time, too.
This morning during Cora's nap, Jonah and I went outside to play in the "snow". We finally got Jonah some snow pants that fit. But this snow is a few days old, and snow doesn't last long here. It was mostly melted-refrozen and icy. Jonah was bummed he couldn't make any snowballs.
No comments:
Post a Comment