Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Morning

A little glimpse into our morning.


Jonah was playing this morning, and he crawled over to a box of toys. He pulled himself up so he could peek inside, reached in, sorted through the toys and chose one (a plastic spoon).  He then crawled over to the bookshelf (spoon in hand) and pulled himself up.  As he was standing there, hanging onto the bookshelf with one hand, the spoon in the other, he let go of the bookshelf, switched the spoon to the other hand...and then grabbed onto the bookshelf again.  Like it was no big deal.

(It's funny, the things that excite me these days).

He's becoming this little person, right before our very eyes - with his own personality and preferences.  I realize it is probably obnoxious the way parents dote over every little thing their child does.  But for us, it is all very much new and exciting because we've never done this before.  What a privilege.  


2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm with you, Becca. People probably think we're such dorks for the things that excite us now, but it's fun and this time with our kids is so special. Miss you already!

Anonymous said...

Becca. Thanks for blogging. It lets us in on he day to day happenings that we would otherwise miss. I hope we're not obnoxious 1st generation dorks, because we love to know. I am still amazed at Jonah becoming a little person right in front of us!!Robin A.