Aunt Jenny flew in all the way from Texas for a visit Memorial Day weekend - which means Jonah has now met all of the sibling-aunts and uncles! (As of Memorial Day, he still had to meet all the in-laws: Uncle Joe, Aunt Jaclyn, and two Uncles Aarons! So many aunties and uncles...what a lucky guy!)
On Sunday, we headed up to Swisher for brunch at Cedar Ridge Winery. Brandon's parents were also in town for the weekend dropping off Caleb for the summer, and they were able to join us as well. It was good company, beautiful views and great food! This has been on our "must try" list for a while, and our visitors gave us a great excuse to finally give it a try. I would definitely recommend this all-you-can-eat brunch, and I hope we are able to return sometime.
After we all filled our tummies, Brandon, Jenny and I headed to Maquoketa for a wedding. Jenny was on baby-sitting duty while Brandon and I attended the ceremony. It was definitely one of the more unique weddings I have attended. The ceremony took place in a field under a big, beautiful tree. The bride and groom had carved their names into the tree, and the whole ceremony was very fitting to the couples' personalities. Jenny and I skipped the reception to get Jonah home in time for bed. We didn't quite make it fast enough, and he had a bit of a melt down on the way home :( But he must have worn himself out because he slept for eight and half hours that night.
![]() |
| Aunt Erin, Uncle Caleb, Aunt Jenny, Aunt Katie (and cousins Joshua, Patrick, and Daniel), Uncle Bob and Uncle Jon :) |
With aunts and uncles living in six different states...meeting them all in just over two months seems like quite an accomplishment!
We kept Aunt Jenny busy while she was in Iowa. And just to make sure she didn't get homesick, we special ordered temps into the mid-90's all weekend. It was hot, hot, hot. I guess summer has arrived. On Saturday night, we headed up to North Liberty for the Blues and BBQ festival. It was...a little underwhelming. Jonah slept the entire time, so Jenny and I got in some good conversation while we listened to the live music.
On Monday, my parents stopped by to see Jenny before she had to head back to Texas. They arrived before Brandon's parents had to head back to Michigan, so Jonah got to see all of his grandparents at the same time!
We had a quick lunch before Jenny had to jump on a plane back to Houston. It was a quick trip, but we're so glad she got to meet Jonah!!

No comments:
Post a Comment