The masses have been clamoring for pictures of the nursery! Haha - just kidding. I haven't posted much about the nursery, because it's been a slow-going process. And because, well, I'm not really much of a decorator. But, now that we're one week away from estimated D-Day, things are finally coming together (thanks, in LARGE part, to Grandma and her wonderful sewing abilities!!). So, here we go:
We started with a blue room - and fortunately ended up with a boy (whew!). We were probably not going to repaint, regardless of the gender of the baby, so that worked out pretty well. And thanks to many generous friends and family gifting and lending items, I think we are pretty well set. All we're missing is the baby!
Things weren't quite coming together (it was feeling a little random and thrown together), but thankfully Grandma was able to drive over to this part of the state this week and spend a few days sewing up a storm to really tie things together. Good thing, too - because some of the projects turned out to be much more involved than I initially realized. Thanks for giving of your time and talents, Mom!! A look at what she accomplished:
We started with a blue room - and fortunately ended up with a boy (whew!). We were probably not going to repaint, regardless of the gender of the baby, so that worked out pretty well. And thanks to many generous friends and family gifting and lending items, I think we are pretty well set. All we're missing is the baby!
A mix of old and new furniture. And because of limited storage in our apartment, there's basically no room in the closet for Baby Boy's stuff! We have made do with tubs and shelf-storage. I love me some canvas boxes...something Brandon can't quite understand.
| The other side of the room |
Things weren't quite coming together (it was feeling a little random and thrown together), but thankfully Grandma was able to drive over to this part of the state this week and spend a few days sewing up a storm to really tie things together. Good thing, too - because some of the projects turned out to be much more involved than I initially realized. Thanks for giving of your time and talents, Mom!! A look at what she accomplished:
We were able to borrow a glider from some friends, but the turquoise stripes on the cushions didn't really go with our mostly blue and brown motif. My mom and I found some striped fabric that ties in the brown and blue from the room, as well as the ecru in the crib sheets - and even managed to incorporate the random green from the canvas bins I found on clearance at Target! Win-win. Mom fashioned some slip-covers for the glider - and it turned out great! (I mostly watched, and occasionally ironed and pinned). She was very pleased she was able to line up the stripes on the back and seat cushions. Good work :)
The other project she worked on was a crib skirt, in argyle, that coordinates with the strips in the glider cushions. This one came together a little faster, as we had a pattern. It really helps bring the room together. As an added bonus, it allows me to store things under the crib, out of sight! Thanks for all your help, Mom! Hopefully we'll be posting pictures of the main event attraction* soon!!
*After reading this post, my sister informed me that readers are probably not interested in pictures of the main event...just the result :) We aim to please.
2 comments:
Looks great! Thinking of you often!
Cheri
What? My request doesn't qualify as "the masses"? :-)
Post a Comment