I left the girls alone for a few minutes so that I could sneak in a shower, and sure enough - screams erupted from the living room before I could finish. I called Cora into the bathroom to figure out what was going on.
Why is Esther crying?
Well...we were playing a game.
But, why is Esther crying?
Well, I was trying to pull her off the brown chair, and she didn't want to get off the chair.
When I couldn't get Esther to calm down, we decided to take a trip to see Daddy (and Dr. Nick). She was clearly favoring her arm, and seemed to be holding her wrist, so we got an x-ray. The girls and I headed home to wait for the radiologist to read the x-ray. Brandon picked up a sling to help Esther keep her arm stablized, and we parked on the couch to watch some Daniel Tiger.
When the x-ray reading came back clear, Dr. Nick had us come back up to the clinic to reevaluate. They decided it was most likely a "nursemaid elbow" - and Dr. Nick was quickly able to reset her elbow, which brought almost instantaneous relief. Thankful for quick access to our doctor!
No comments:
Post a Comment