Thursday, September 14, 2017

Fast-talking contest

Jonah doesn't share much about what goes on at school. Most questions are met with "I don't know" or "I can't remember". It's sort of a mystery how he spends those 7 hours each day. But the other day, he spontaneously shared quite a bit of detail and excitement about how they had a "fast-talking contest" at school.

Mom: Oh, yeah - what is a "fast-talking contest"?

J: Well, two people had to talk at the same time and see who could talk the fastest! [By way of example, he made lots of gibberish noises, and mimicked two people talking with his hands]. And I WON! Well, two people were left, and we both tied, so WE BOTH WON!!

Mom: Wow, so did everyone in the class get a turn?

J: Yes! Two people had a contest, and then if you lost, you had to sit down. Then somebody else gets a turn. And I didn't have to sit down! Me and Will beat everyone else - and then we BOTH WON!!

Mom: Cool! You know, when I was in school, we called that "Around the world".

J: "Around the world"?  ................THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL IT IN KINDERGARTEN, TOO!!!!

I don't know....I kind of like "fast-talking contest" better :) So fun to see him process something and be able to explain it so well. 

No comments: