My favorite birthday tradition....a made-from-scratch cake, made by Brandon!
(Photo credit to my friend, Joia :)
I jokingly sent Brandon a link to this cake: Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake
I say jokingly, because it is SO over the top, I did not expect him to make it. But he totally did!
And it was delicious :)
The details: Inside the cake were three layers of chocolate cake (this is just half of a piece), with cookie-dough-flavored buttercream frosting and pieces of chocolate cookie dough in between each layer, topped with more frosting and cookie dough pieces. The recipe also called for baking more cookies to use to decorate the cake...but this seemed like overkill, so he left those off.
Fortunately, we were attending an interview dinner for the next class of residents on my birthday, so we brought the cake along to share and didn't have to have a ginormous cake hanging around the house for days, begging to be eaten.
I LOVE this birthday tradition!!
Also, enjoy this random picture of batman swingin'


No comments:
Post a Comment