Sigh. I'm sure someday we will chuckle at the absurdness of this week, but I am not feeling very amused today.
Knowing that this week would be a little extra crazy with Brandon working nights, I did a little thinking/planning ahead. I had decided I would save up all the laundry for Wednesday and do a couple loads of laundry, fold it all during the kids' nap, then do the bulk of the packing after the kids were in bed that night.
On Wednesday morning, I was doing some dishes after breakfast, and the sink backed up. Now I was going to have to spend the kids' nap taking apart the p-trap, and the laundry folding would have to wait. I finished cleaning up breakfast and tossed in a load of laundry.
About ten minutes later I heard a waterfall cascading all over the floor in the laundry room. Uh-oh! I guess the clog was not in the p-trap after all. Now the laundry was on hold. Instead of spending naptime cleaning out the p-trap, I spent it hanging out with the plumber (who was late!). He snaked out the line, and I was finally able to start the laundry again! I ended up staying up late Wednesday, but I got all the laundry folded and all the clothes at least laid out. After another late night last night, the bags are mostly packed, save a few last minute items like toothbrushes and electronics.
This morning when I went in to get the kids, I discovered poor Cora had vomited all over herself and Jonah had given himself a bloody nose. More laundry! In hindsight, I guess I had sort of noticed over the past few days that Cora's diapers were getting a little squirty and she was sleeping a bit more than normal. Hopefully this thing is short lived - and hopefully she keeps it to herself!!
Less than 24 hours and we'll be on a plane! Baby with diarrhea, hyper-active toddler, and a dad who will have been up all night. What could go wrong??
Knowing that this week would be a little extra crazy with Brandon working nights, I did a little thinking/planning ahead. I had decided I would save up all the laundry for Wednesday and do a couple loads of laundry, fold it all during the kids' nap, then do the bulk of the packing after the kids were in bed that night.
On Wednesday morning, I was doing some dishes after breakfast, and the sink backed up. Now I was going to have to spend the kids' nap taking apart the p-trap, and the laundry folding would have to wait. I finished cleaning up breakfast and tossed in a load of laundry.
About ten minutes later I heard a waterfall cascading all over the floor in the laundry room. Uh-oh! I guess the clog was not in the p-trap after all. Now the laundry was on hold. Instead of spending naptime cleaning out the p-trap, I spent it hanging out with the plumber (who was late!). He snaked out the line, and I was finally able to start the laundry again! I ended up staying up late Wednesday, but I got all the laundry folded and all the clothes at least laid out. After another late night last night, the bags are mostly packed, save a few last minute items like toothbrushes and electronics.
This morning when I went in to get the kids, I discovered poor Cora had vomited all over herself and Jonah had given himself a bloody nose. More laundry! In hindsight, I guess I had sort of noticed over the past few days that Cora's diapers were getting a little squirty and she was sleeping a bit more than normal. Hopefully this thing is short lived - and hopefully she keeps it to herself!!
Less than 24 hours and we'll be on a plane! Baby with diarrhea, hyper-active toddler, and a dad who will have been up all night. What could go wrong??
No comments:
Post a Comment