Friday, February 20, 2015

On napping...

Cora has a new nap-time routine lately. It goes a little something like this....

Read a story. Rock, and sing a song or two.
Looking drowsy and yawning, dive into the crib and snuggle up like she can't wait to fall asleep.
As soon as Mom leaves, yank off both socks and scratch her feet until they bleed. (Eczema).
Poop.
Cry until Mom comes back. Diaper change. Aquaphor all over both feet; socks back on.
A little more rocking, one more song.
Back in the crib.
Then, then, she can finally settle down and sleep. Sheesh!
(Repeat twice daily)



And speaking of napping....
When your almost-three-year-old sleeps in almost 4 hours later than normal...do you still try to put him down for a nap in the afternoon? I think we are treading into nap-dropping territory, and I'm not sure how to proceed. I am definitely not ready to give up that nap, and I don't think Jonah is either.

And in case any of you fellow moms out there are feeling jealous that my child slept until 9am....Cora was up at 3:30, 4:30, 5:30, and finally,up for the day at 6:30. (And also think about the fact that Jonah slept four extra hours and was still up by 9....)


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Becca, have you tried using a sleep sack for Cora? She wouldn't be able to take off her socks then... Although, that could still frustrate her that she can no longer take off her socks. We use them for our kids and love them (although currently I put it on backwards because otherwise Grady unzips it...). Just a thought! :)