Thursday, September 20, 2012

6 months

Jonah at 6 months

And a look back, here is the same "pose" at 3 months


Some fun facts about Jonah at 6 months:

 - Wearing 9-12 month clothing and size 3 diapers.
 - Sitting like a champ!  And supporting the Detroit Tigers.

 - Serial sneezer.  He almost always sneezes in twos (and LOUDLY).  I always say "Bless you.  Bless you again," and I swear he has started saying "again" after the second sneeze.  Maybe I'm making that up.
 - He is still a ball of motion.  Moving all the time.  (Wonder where he gets that).  Some of my favorite things he is doing right now include: picking up a toy or blanket and shaking it around above his head (and then usually throwing/dropping it), spinning on his tummy to reach toys or look at things, pushing onto his toes with his butt sticking up in the air, and smacking everything with his left hand over and over - toys, the ground, your face, his high chair tray.
 - Started solids this month.  Some days he takes to it better than others.  Brandon is way better at feeding him than I am.  It is sort of fun to move into this new phase - but it is very messy and it takes a bit of time.

 - He has started doing this weird thing where he purses his lips together, making his mouth look very small, and also making his dimples really pronounced.  It is weird and funny.  He also does this a lot when he whines, which makes it sound like he's saying "hmmmmm!" really intensely.  I wonder if he discovered this by accident and decided he likes the way the humming noise sounds and feels on his lips.  Bonus: he cannot do this nearly as loudly as he screams "ahhhh!" - but whining is still annoying  :)
 - Jonah was born with DARK hair.  It started to fall out soon after his birth and has slowly been growing back in blonde, blonde, blonde.  There was a small patch of dark hair hanging on in the back for quite a while - but it's pretty much gone.  Contrary to what Brandon continues to claim, we have a BLONDE son.  
 - Maybe my favorite thing about Jonah at 6 months is that he has started giving "kisses" - this involves grabbing mommy or daddy's face with both hands and diving in, mouth wide open.  It usually results in a face full of slobber, but I LOVE it!

This is such a fun age.  I love watching him decide to do something (grab a toy, roll onto his tummy, lift his lefts and grab his feet) and then do it.  He is curious, and he loves to explore.  He wants to touch everything.  Once this boy becomes mobile, we are in trouble.  The word this month is busy.  He is his father's son.  He's always looking for the next thing, and loves to be picked up, I think, just for the change of scenery.

No comments: