I have heard that babies are attracted to bold contrasts, like black and white (I'm pretty sure Brandon must think I subscribe to the journal Somewhere, because when I share interesting tid-bits, I often lead with, "I read *somewhere* that...." with no idea where I came across the information. Clearly, I'm not the scientist of the family.) The toy company Sassy has really latched onto this concept. Most of their toys are brightly colored, but also include black and white stripes or polka dots or some other pattern. And Jonah can't seem to get enough. I attached some letters and shapes to his play mat, and whenever he lays there, he stares and stares at the black and white letters.
And it's not just his letters. He has two little bug-looking things attached to his car seat with big bug eyes that are a little creepy, if you ask me:
But they are black and white, and he loves to stare at them, too. One makes a tinkling noise, the other a rustling noise, and he is just fascinated by them.
We also have a book called, Hello, Bugs!, that is basically black and white pictures of bugs. It's cute. And Jonah loves it!
Babies also love to look at human faces (I read that *somewhere*, too). Which works out great...because I have a human face! What a fun age. Love those smiles :)
![]() |
| This photo brought to you by the letter "T" and the letter "A" |
And it's not just his letters. He has two little bug-looking things attached to his car seat with big bug eyes that are a little creepy, if you ask me:
But they are black and white, and he loves to stare at them, too. One makes a tinkling noise, the other a rustling noise, and he is just fascinated by them.
![]() |
| (Brandon hates when I put this ridiculously large bib on him...but the boy spits up. A lot. And I'd rather toss a bib in the wash than wash out the car seat. Sorry, Jonah.) |
We also have a book called, Hello, Bugs!, that is basically black and white pictures of bugs. It's cute. And Jonah loves it!
Babies also love to look at human faces (I read that *somewhere*, too). Which works out great...because I have a human face! What a fun age. Love those smiles :)




1 comment:
This post made me laugh!
Happy Mothers Day , Becca!
Post a Comment