Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Father's Perspective

Jonah has been around for a little over a month at this point. Honestly, I can't really remember life before him. I've learned to do a lot of new things (diaper changing, nose and eye cleaning, bottle feeding, etc.) but I don't feel proficient at any of them. As the dad, many of the tasks that I perform cause frustration, whereas Becca gets to feed him, which he almost always enjoys. This has led to me feeling that Jonah prefers Becca's presence to mine. (Becca doesn't like it when I say that but it seems to often be the case). To illustrate, here is what Jonah looks like when Becca feeds him:


Cute right? This is where I acknowledge how amazing Becca has been throughout this entire process. Not only did she go through the birth process like a champ (I'll think twice about questioning her toughness going forward), but she has gotten up multiple times a night, soothed him after our bottle-feeding fiascos and just generally been a great mother and wife.

Want to see what Jonah looks like when I approach him?


We're still working on getting to know one another. I've enjoyed it so far; Jonah may not be so sure.

No comments: