Friday, March 25, 2011

Getting there...

We have arrived!  It was a pleasantly uneventful journey.  We were both able to get a little sleep on the long flight to Delhi.  Then, after nine sleep-less hours in the Delhi airport, it was just a short flight to Lucknow - and here we are!  On the way over, Brandon looked at me several times and said: "It's so much better traveling with you," (as opposed to alone).  He is sweet.  We have done some pretty cool things together in the past five years, and I agree that together is better.

Brandon has tried to impress upon me the sheer number of people that live in India.  So, as the plane neared Delhi, I prepared myself for throngs of people.  And what we saw was this:


And this:


Huge, wide terminals with no people!  Granted, it was 3 in the morning.  But I was still surprised.  I'm sure I will get to see the throngs eventually.  We arrived in Lucknow at around 8:00am local time on Friday morning (we're 10.5 hours ahead of Central Time), and promptly took a nap.  Now it's about 1:30pm, and Brandon is off to the office for the afternoon.  No rest for the weary.

I will try to update here with interesting stories and highlights as we get settled.  I'll also try to upload pictures to our Shutterfly website: http://allemans.shutterfly.com/.  Nothing there from this trip yet - but you can peruse the adventures of our first year of marriage until I get around to that.

That's all for now!  Missing you at home, but excited for what's ahead!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Great news that you arrived safely and had smooth travels. The lack of people was quite entertaining... hopefully once you're in the throngs of people it's not too overwhelming. I'm excited to read about your adventures!!

And I love the fun background to the blog by the way!