Way back over Memorial Day, we made a trip to Michigan! After a brief stop-over in Des Moines, we made our way to Vicksburg to spend the holiday weekend at Bibi and Babu's cabin. It threatened to rain most of our time there, but the rain held off and we had beautiful weather :) We made a trip to the swim beach on Sunday to enjoy the sun and water.
I was thinking the beach in Michigan in May would be a bit chilly....and it turns out I was right - Haha! But the kids loved it anyway - swimming until their lips were blue.
Babu introduced Jonah to the Rubik's cube...and I'm pretty sure his knowledge and insight have already surpassed mine.
On Monday, we packed up at the cabin and left around nap time for the short-ish drive to Bibi and Babu's house. Car nap success!! Cabin life is exhausting :)
We spent the rest of our week at Bibi and Babu's house. Brandon and I stole away for a kid-free retreat - and I didn't take a single picture! The kids had a great time with Bibi and Babu...but I don't have any pictures of that either. We visited Grandma Kathy a few times, and also took a ranger ride with Uncle Dick and Aunt Lyn. There was also lots of book reading, baseball, sandbox playing, and running around outside. It was a busy, full visit.
We took off on Thursday to begin our journey home. Brandon was dropped off in Grand Rapids to meet up with some friends for his "Man Challenge Weekend" (he placed third this year!), while the kids and I made a very slow trip home. We stayed with my friend Laura in Grand Rapids Thursday night, then stayed with Aunt Jenny and Uncle Aaron on Friday night, and finally stayed with Grandma and Grandpa on Saturday before driving the final leg on Sunday. Whew. It was nice to not have to drive a super long way in one day, but it made for a loooooong trip home.
Especially when the A/C went out on the van during the last leg from Des Moines to Wichita. I just had to keep reminding myself: at least this didn't happen earlier in the trip!!
When we got home, it was June! Which meant: The LAST month of residency!!!!!
| Even at the beach, fashion is important! |
I was thinking the beach in Michigan in May would be a bit chilly....and it turns out I was right - Haha! But the kids loved it anyway - swimming until their lips were blue.
Of course, we had a campfire and S'MORES!!
(Cora's new life motto: It takes a long time to ___________ {fill in with any and everything}!! Waiting is hard when you're three.)
Babu introduced Jonah to the Rubik's cube...and I'm pretty sure his knowledge and insight have already surpassed mine.
Aunt Erin, Uncle Aaron, Aunt Kylie and Uncle Caleb were also around for the weekend!
On Monday, we packed up at the cabin and left around nap time for the short-ish drive to Bibi and Babu's house. Car nap success!! Cabin life is exhausting :)
We spent the rest of our week at Bibi and Babu's house. Brandon and I stole away for a kid-free retreat - and I didn't take a single picture! The kids had a great time with Bibi and Babu...but I don't have any pictures of that either. We visited Grandma Kathy a few times, and also took a ranger ride with Uncle Dick and Aunt Lyn. There was also lots of book reading, baseball, sandbox playing, and running around outside. It was a busy, full visit.
We took off on Thursday to begin our journey home. Brandon was dropped off in Grand Rapids to meet up with some friends for his "Man Challenge Weekend" (he placed third this year!), while the kids and I made a very slow trip home. We stayed with my friend Laura in Grand Rapids Thursday night, then stayed with Aunt Jenny and Uncle Aaron on Friday night, and finally stayed with Grandma and Grandpa on Saturday before driving the final leg on Sunday. Whew. It was nice to not have to drive a super long way in one day, but it made for a loooooong trip home.
Especially when the A/C went out on the van during the last leg from Des Moines to Wichita. I just had to keep reminding myself: at least this didn't happen earlier in the trip!!
Emergency ice cream stop to cool off before the final push home!!
Our kids are FANTASTIC travelers, and they did great the entire trip :)
When we got home, it was June! Which meant: The LAST month of residency!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment