Some random pictures of our kids doing weird things....
When you are a super kinetic and tactile kid, who also tends to get sucked into things with tunnel vision and extreme focus....these warring forces of *move* and *be still* result in some odd reading postures:
Whenever we get out the Mr. Potato Head, Esther gravitates towards the little glasses. And, somehow, she always manages to get them stuck on the back of her neck. I am pretty sure she's doing it intentionally, but I have no idea how she is able to pull it off.
Recently, Esther began tossing food she doesn't care for onto the floor. After a few times of being scolded for this behavior, she started segregating the unwanted food into the cup holders on her high chair tray instead, which is a much better solution for everyone. Weird, but cute.
However, last weekend, she was promoted to a seat at the table, just like the big kids (which she thinks is pretty great!). So now she picks the food she doesn't care for off her plate and sets it on the table. And then, eventually, sweeps it onto the floor :/ Not so cute.
We went to the zoo one weekend, and Jonah met a new friend. The two of them spent quite a long time walking around hand-in-hand. He even insisted we change our route so we could follow her family into the Tropics exhibit. I don't think he even knew her name.
When you are a super kinetic and tactile kid, who also tends to get sucked into things with tunnel vision and extreme focus....these warring forces of *move* and *be still* result in some odd reading postures:
Whenever we get out the Mr. Potato Head, Esther gravitates towards the little glasses. And, somehow, she always manages to get them stuck on the back of her neck. I am pretty sure she's doing it intentionally, but I have no idea how she is able to pull it off.
Recently, Esther began tossing food she doesn't care for onto the floor. After a few times of being scolded for this behavior, she started segregating the unwanted food into the cup holders on her high chair tray instead, which is a much better solution for everyone. Weird, but cute.
However, last weekend, she was promoted to a seat at the table, just like the big kids (which she thinks is pretty great!). So now she picks the food she doesn't care for off her plate and sets it on the table. And then, eventually, sweeps it onto the floor :/ Not so cute.
No recent pictures of Cora doing weird things...but I do have one story. Cora's preferred sleeping position is face down, with both of her arms pinned under her stomach. One afternoon, she woke from a nap hysterical. I went to see what was wrong, but she was inconsolable and completely incoherent. I finally figured out she was saying, "My hands are too big!!" I think her arms must have fallen asleep while she dozed with them pinned underneath her, and it freaked her out when she woke up to them tingling. Haha!
Apparently, catching your kids doing weird things means pictures of not their face...so here's a picture of the front of our cute kids to end this post!
No comments:
Post a Comment