....Where Grandpa elves dig out snow-covered vans, even though he has to shovel the whole driveway and still get to work on time.
*side note: I think this is the first time I've seen snow all winter, and I'm not sad about that fact. Apparently, when you take the girl out of Iowa, it only takes a year and a half to take the Iowa out of the girl - brrrrr!! Jonah, however, is pumped!!
.....Where dirty vans get picked up while you sleep, even all the crumbs and dried blueberries and scattered princess figurines from the previous day's travels.
....Where Grandma elves get up before 6:00, and cook breakfast for the not-so-teeny tiny children.
Well, I survived my first solo trip with three kids! It actually went pretty well. The girls napped for the first few hours. And Jonah did remarkably well helping himself to books and games and generally keeping himself busy. And I discovered that Cora needs very little in the way of entertainment. She happily snacked and chattered and stared out the window for most of the trip.
A few more hours of driving today, but this time Grandma's coming with us!



No comments:
Post a Comment